Founder of Steiden Law Offices
Eric Steiden is the owner and founder of Steiden Law Offices. He is a bankruptcy attorney with 17 years of experience, and thousands of successful bankruptcy filings in both Ohio and Kentucky.
His strong academic background includes a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Kentucky, where he also received a Juris Doctor (J.D.) in 1994. This education, along with his considerable real-world experience, can be an asset when approaching complex bankruptcy issues.
People have always come first with Eric Steiden. He understands that the financial playing field is often uneven for debtors who simply want to get their lives back on track.
A variety of small factors that can impact a bankruptcy, from the presence of liens to division of assets after a divorce. Eric's attention to detail helps ensure that the filing process continues smoothly and that the client gets the most out of their bankruptcy experience, whether they are pursuing Chapter 7 or Chapter 13.
Eric Steiden is actively involved in the legal community. In fact, he has been a past presenter at various bankruptcy law seminars and has been selected, on various occasions, to teach other attorneys about bankruptcy law. His experience as an educator extends to his interactions with all clients as well. He makes it a priority to ensure that his clients understand their available options and the bankruptcy process.
In addition to bankruptcy cases, Eric Steiden also represents individuals who have been hurt in an accident due to another person or business's negligence. An accident, such as an auto collision or slip and fall, can present a significant burden, both physical and financial, on a person's life. Eric Steiden works hard to ensure that the responsible party is held accountable for their actions and the accident victim receives the compensation they need to move on with their life.
In his spare time, Eric Steiden enjoys music and plays the trumpet (and piano). He is a 30-year music veteran and has performed shows locally and nationally.
- BM, University of Cincinnati (1989), Summa Cum Laude
- MA, Miami University (1990), Cum Laude
- MBA, University of Kentucky (1994), Cum Laude
- JD, University of Kentucky (1994)
Admitted to Practice In
- All Ohio Courts | All Kentucky Courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern Division of Kentucky
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Ohio, 1994
- Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2018
Memberships and Associations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor Foundation